Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Because of You Mother's Day Card

I scraplifted a card by Nancy McKinney in the recent Papercrafts magazine for a card for my mom. 
The sentiment is from Verve Stamps' Just for You set. The flowers were stamped using their new Hope Blooms set. I stamped all three sizes, cut them out with the coordinating dies, snipped along the lines between the petals and "rumpled" them...turning the petals under and rolling the end of a pen into the centers to make them cup. Then I nested them into each other and added the pearl brads. The plaid paper is by Pink Paisley. The other papers are MME Stella and Rose. The top scallop is cut with a die by My Favorite Things; the small bottom scallop by Fiskars. I paper pierced around the edges of the green paper, and added some kraft-colored cording and punched butterflies from a Martha Stewart punch. 
The inside uses Verve's Happy Phrases set and just says "Happy Mother's Day." 
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Those rumpled flowers are just amazing! Gorgeously fresh and beautiful card.