Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Birthday for VLV challenge

For the Viva la Verve! June week 3 sketch challenge
Just decided to make a birthday card to add to my stash.  I realized I was running low on them when I went to pick one out for a friend recently.
I used a sentiment from Verve's Birthday Bash set.  Papers are MME Stella and Rose.  I used a lot of dies/punches for this one. For the bottom section, I used the Mini Filmstrip Dienamics from MFT, cutting out every alternating vertical line and backing the little windows formed with the different papers.  For the fishtail piece in dark grey, I used a die from Papertrey Ink, cutting in half and adhering part above and part below the flowered panel.  The scallop is the SU punch.  
I also added a MFT Rolled Daisy Dienamics and Sizzix leaves with a touch of Sakura glitter pen for the veins.  A few flatbacked pearls on the sentiment panel finish it off.
Thanks for looking!

No comments: