Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lifetime Happiness for VLV challenge


For the Viva la Verve! August week 4 sketch challenge: 
What a sweet little sketch.  A friend asked for a wedding card or two, and I thought the sweet hearts in this one fit the bill.
I used a sentiment from Verve's Love Story and the From the Heart dies (as well as the George Cartridge on my Cricut to cut the largest heart).
Papers are Basic Grey Capella.  I liked the subtle idea of the joining of the feminine paper with the more masculine stripe.
Impossible to see in the photo, I used a Sakura glitter glaze pen all along the edges of the papers and to cover the largest heart, so it has this lovely shimmer and shine.  A bit of seam binding, a scalloped edge punched with a SU border punch and a few rhinestones (I split the one on the outside edges of the scallop using jewelry pliers) finish it off.

No comments: