Monday, November 28, 2011

A 65% to 35% Card with My Son

This is a rather specific, interesting little card that my 6-year-old son wanted to make. He sees a counselor at school weekly, who he loves. One of the main things she does with him, in teaching him social skills and self-control, is to play games. So when he said he wanted to make her a card, we focused on the theme of game playing. I had stamped a few images from Stampin' Up's Take a Spin set that my friend owns for future use. We pulled one out and used a little arrow brad I had (I don't have any of the SU spinners yet...they're on my next order). My son also selected the main paper. He thought the letters and squares resembled a game board. I can kind of see that. LOL. I helped him pick the coordinating paper, and suggested the banner. We cut and adhered together. And he stamped the sentiment inside, from Verve Stamps, "You are Amazing," which again, he decided on. So I'd say this is about 65% him-35% me. We had fun on one of our Thanksgiving week days off together, and hopefully his counselor will love it.

No comments: