Monday, November 28, 2011

Inspirational "Easel"

For the Sketch For You to Try (SFYTT) challenge for November, I made a little fold out easel with changeable inspirational sentiments instead of a card.
It still measures a little smaller than a normal card.
I stamped (8) of my favorite sentiments/quotes from Verve's Blue Skies set (my favorite of theirs) and Words of Wisdom set (quickly becoming one of my faves) on the Notebook Paper and Graph Paper Plain Jane stamps (also from Verve).  Cut them out using the Rounded Rectangle Die by Verve.
I created the base of the project like you would a normal card, but the black cardstock is folded to create a triangle shape, and scored in the middle of the bottom part so that it can be folded flat (say, to put in an envelope??).
I attached a nifty Hinge Clip by Tim Holtz with a matching brad through the back part of the clip to the top of the base, and positioned my banner piece in blue, cut with a Die-namics by MFT, such that the ends only are attached with brads and there is a little extra room under it.  The stack of sentiments clip under the hinge clip and gently slide under the banner.  Very simple, and easy to change out to show the inspiration that the recipient needs for any particular day.

Here are close-ups of the sentiments, the easel laying on it's side so you can see how it's folded a little better, and two shots of different sentiments under the clip.


1 comment:

Nancy Thomas said...

Oh, what a fabulous idea - love your color and paper choices too.