Friday, August 10, 2012

Cast Your Cares for MOJO 253


For the Mojo Monday Sketch #253:
This card was a bit out of my normal paradigm.  First, this is a bright one.  But then, hopefully the verse from Verve's I Peter 5:7 set brings a bit of hope and joy and calls for some bright, sunshine-y papers.
These are the new MME The Sweetest Thing-Tangerine papers.
The panels are skewed.  But then, the sketch calls for it.  And I've followed sketches with skewed panels before.
Also, a bit different for me, I distressed and inked the edges.  You have no idea how much I wanted to back each layer with cardstock to make them stand out.  I love that clean look.  But I decided to go out of my comfort zone and try something a bit different.
Notice, thought, that my seam binding and bling make their usual appearance, as well as the fishtail banner (this one from MFT's 1st Place Award Die-namics).  I can't depart from all my norms...it wouldn't be MY card.
1Peter 5:7Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon DIE ONLY



1 comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

LOVE the fun patterned papers and your layout! Great card!