Saturday, August 25, 2012

Special Birthday for VLV


For the Viva la Verve! August week 3 sketch challenge:
I turned the sketch on its head. The sentiment and balloons are from Verve's Birthday Surprise, another older set but new-to-me!  I really need some additional birthday stamps.  I tend to make everyday inspirational-type cards rather than for specific holidays or events. But let's face it, you can't be a card maker, make bunches of cards, and then not make someone a birthday card!!  LOL.
Anyway, I used bright colorful papers from BG, colored the balloons with Copics, added some seam binding, Liquid Pearls and a tiny paper clip.
I thought the birthday theme was particularly appropriate as it's Verve's 5th Birthday this month.  See the post below about all the fun challenges, hop, and release party.  And check out Verve Stamps...you are really missing out on some great stamps and dies if you haven't already!

No comments: