I was asked to make some cards for a silent auction at work that will benefit the Making Strides Walk for breast cancer. I thought a small boxed collection of encouragement and support-themed cards would be appropriate.
Using the MOJO Monday Sketch 258:
I used two layered flowers in Verve's Joyful Blooms set, embossed in white and cut out with the coordinating dies, and leaves from the Dream Big set, again cut with their dies. The fishtail banners are from MFT Die-namics, and the circle and scalloped circle are Spellbinders.
A bit of Viva Pearl Pen to finish it off.
Papers are MME.
For the Viva la Verve! September Week 2 sketch challenge:
The large fishtailed strip was cut with the Ribbon Banner Die. I folded my paper in half before cutting, laying the folded edge just inside the edge of the die to make it longer. I also cut some from each side to make it more narrow.
The tiny flower was created with the smallest of MFT's Rolled Rose Die-namics.
Papers are by Glitz. Rhinestones in three sizes and a touch of Copic on the border of the frame.
For the Mojo Monday #257 Sketch Challenge:
The sentiment is on a Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle, then layered on top of a fishtail banner cut with an MFT Die-namics, layered on a stamped frame from Verve's Treasured Words. Tucked under some additional layers are those tiny fishtails, cut with their new Pennant Trim Die (LOVE THIS...you must get it!)
A little stitching to mimic the Treasured Words frame and some pearls in two sizes finish it off.
Broke out my brand new 5th Anniversary release Verve for this one.
Papers are MME and Echo Park. A black rimmed brad in the center of the flower and Viva Pearl Pen finish it off.
For the Viva la Verve! September week 1 sketch challenge:
Anyway, I mixed some older and brand new Verve for this challenge. The sentiment is from Words of Wisdom (older) cut out with the Mini Bookplate Die (new), and the edges embossed with Platinum powder from SU. The flowers are from the Hope Blooms set, cut out with the Floral Circles Dies (both older), the petals fringed along the lines, and layered. The bottom layer center panel is cut with the Ribbon Banner Die (older) and stamped with the Thatched Banner Plain Jane (new).
Papers are MME and Basic Grey, and I used a bit of dotted American Crafts ribbon, an antique silver button, and a bit of grey twine from Lawn Fawn.