Sunday, September 16, 2012

May Memories Comfort You for VLV


For the Viva la Verve! August Week 4 sketch challenge:
When I saw the sketch for this week, I was drawn to using one of the longer sentiment/quote stamps in my Verve collection. I looked through my stash, hovering over a couple different ones.  But this set that I recently purchased during Verve's 5th Anniversary sale, Forever In Our Hearts, was gently pushing itself to the forefront.  I certainly hope I don't need to use this sympathy card anytime soon, but I've found that they are one of the hardest to make on-demand when you need them.
I wanted to keep the color palette muted, but also wanted to stay away from black.  The dark grey of PTI's Smokey Shadow cardstock served as a perfect base.  I used papers from MME and Cosmo Cricket.  My favorite part was stamping the leaves from Verve's Sunny Days in Versamark and embossing with SU's pewter embossing powder on vellum, then cutting with the matching Leafy Sprigs Dies.  The vellum kind of disappears into the background, and you are left with these so very elegant dark antique silver looking embellishments.  The sentiment is embossed with the same, but on the patterned paper.
The small cream border peeking out from under the main panel was cut with the edge of Verve's Classy Label Die.  A string of tiny pearls and two larger ones in the top corner keep it understated but elegant.
TFL!

No comments: