Friday, November 5, 2010

Baked with Love Flopsey, for MFT WSC November Sketch challenge

For My Favorite Things' Wednesday Stamp Club --November Sketch

I know those Pure Innocence girls (and a couple boys...I would really love more of the boys!) are so sweet, and everyone is scooping them up right now. But my first MFT love will always be Flopsey. I have all of them except the new Snowflake one so far (and he'll make it into my cart soon). Whether he's pulling up carrots, reading a good book, trimming the tree, or here...baking a pie, he just melts my heart. Hopefully the recipient of this card will melt, too.

I stamped, colored and silhouette cut Sweet as Pie Flopsey. 
Papers are DCWV The Crafty Stack, and BG Pyrus. 
Ribbon is from Heidi Grace. 
The small heart embellishment is from the BG Mellow chipboard pack. I inked it with Weathered Wood Distress ink, punched two tiny holes in it, and tied a piece of jute through it. 
The steam from the pie was inked with Weathered Wood, also, then tapped in Platinum ink before stamping to give a two-tone look and shimmer to the steam. 
Nesties, Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress inks, and some faux stitching finish it off.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Love this card...very muted colours give it such a warm feel (like pie;)I am inspired to get another Flopsey (I have the one where he is drinking tea under the tree)...He is precious! And he better be a 'he', there are tons of PI girls, jolinne, WTG...and barely any boys!! I am rambling now- great card though! tfs:)