Sunday, November 7, 2010

Glad Tidings (VLV November week 2 challenge)

For the Viva la Verve! November Week 2 sketch challenge:





This one took me a lot longer than I thought it should have. It just wasn't coming together, and I went through several different shapes for the front panels. I knew I wanted to pull in that awesome color combo and even the red dots from the first inspiration photo. And I really liked the poinsettias and snowflakes in the second (notice the snowflakes didn't make it onto my card...maybe I'll try another).
The poinsettia is from TCP's Elegant Christmas.
The sentiment is from Verve's Glad Tidings set (my favorite set from the Winter release).
The blue with red dots paper is October Afternoon, and the red with blue dots paper is MME. Prima shimmer cardstock (teal) and SU Riding Hood red.
Several Spellbinders dies.
Ribbon is my all-time favorite SU ribbon, the past in-color Riding Hood Red taffeta.
Center rhinestone with gold trim is from Pizzazz Aplenty.

No comments: