Sunday, July 29, 2012

Birthday Set for Verve's July Diva Dare


I made this matching purse gift holder and card for Verve's July Diva Dare:
The challenge was to create a project with a birthday theme.  I used sentiments from Verve's Birthday Bash set, and one of the flowers (in two sizes) from Sunny Days.  The leaf die shapes are from their Leafy Sprigs dies.
The gift bag/purse was cut using SCAL and a great set of svg files from SVGCuts, called Amelie's Accessories.  I sized it wide enough to fit a gift card, and a few candies or lip gloss, etc, could fit in there, too.
I stamped and handcut two smaller and one larger of the flowers, snipped between the petals and shaped the flowers by rolling a pen cap in the center and pinching and curling the petal tips with my fingers and the pen.  Then they are layered with some foam adhesive to give dimension and height, and a beautiful MME brad poked through the middle.
Papers are MME Lime Twist (and some pearlized cardstock from Prima).
Brads and Liquid Pearls finish it off.

I also used the Viva la Verve! July week 5 sketch challenge for my card (here are close ups of both):
 
Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

oh my, this is adorable...I luv the sweet little purse...so glad you played along with us at verve...have a great week!

enjoy *~*

Unknown said...

OMG!! I totally love that little purse. So cute and wonderful to put a few things in for the special girl. Love the papers too!

JulesinParadise said...

What amazing projects and cards you have on your lovely blog. Thanks for your kind comment on mine.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Fabulous little set! Love that little purse!

Carole said...

Hi Nicole, I love that darling little purse. Fab creations!

Thanks so much for dropping in to say hello. It was lovely to read your comments. Carole xox

Carole said...

Hi Nicole, I love that darling little purse. Fab creations!

Thanks so much for dropping in to say hello. It was lovely to read your comments. Carole xox

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh my goodness, such an ADORABLE set Nicole!