Tuesday, July 17, 2012

MFT Guest Designer Contest

I made this card for the My Favorite Things (MFT) Guest Designer Contest for August, hosted on Splitcoaststampers.  This month's challenge is a sketch challenge--my favorite!  And what a sketch it is. Love all the layers and the tilted panel.
I used this "Dream until your dreams come true" stamp from MFT's new 6th birthday celebration release, My Favorite Sentiments, for my main panel.  It's so great, and the font and size and flourish underneath make it so substantial (and let me admit now, I was humming "Dream On" by Aerosmith the whole time I was making the card.  LOL!)  I accented the center of the flourish with a tiny blue rhinestone.

The "Life is what you make it" sentiment was part of the extra sentiments in the VIP Sunflower Who's That Girl collection, which are each only available for a limited time.  Love these sentiments.  The sentiment is stamped and cut with just the edge of the Textile Rectangle Die-namics.  It fit so nicely, and gives even more flexibility in using the Die-namics.

The fishtail banner peeking out at the bottom was cut with the thicker Die-namics in the MFT First Place Award Ribbon set.  To make the entire piece longer, I folded the cardstock and placed the fold within the edge of the one end of the die, so only one end was cut in the V shape.

My flower was made with MFT's Rolled Daisy Die-namics.  I rolled it loosely in the center so I could nestle a wooden button tied with some Queen and Co. multicolored twine deep in the middle.  I curled under the petals to add fullness.  MFT's rolled flowers are some of my favorite dies (check out the Rolled Flower I used as the center of my sun in this post).

Papers are MME.  I left the "Listen to your soul" on the white paper peek out from under the main panel.  I thought it tied in nicely to the whole sentiment of the card.








No comments: