Sunday, April 17, 2011

Altered Notebook and Box for Teacher Appreciation Week (and VLV challenge)

For the Viva la Verve! April week 3 sketch challenge
When I first saw Teresa's sample for this challenge, I thought she had made an altered notebook.  The kraft color of the background and the long vertical cluster on the left kind of looks that way, right?  So, I was inspired.  I need a Teacher's Appreciation gift for my son's teacher.  AND I have a few of these fabulous kraft notebooks with pens-perfect for altering- left (from Target a few years ago...so sad they stopped carrying them).
So here is my creation.  The sentiment is Gina K Designs.  Many of the dies, the felt, and the corkboard are My Favorite Things (the notebook paper edge to the cork, the cork shape behind the sentiment, and the rolled roses).  Papers are all October Afternoon.
Thanks for the inspiration Teresa...one gift down!


I made this little box to hold the notebook, sizing a cut file for my Cricut.  Papers are Cosmo Cricket and October Afternoon.
And here's a close up of the medallion to decorate the middle.  The little apple was in a pack of 3D stickers in Target's $1.00 spot!!  


No comments: