Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chicks Rule Basket for You for VLV challenge

This is for the Viva la Verve! April week 2 sketch challenge
I had so much fun playing with the little basket and chick from the new Verve's Chicks Rule set.  I stamped, masked, and cut out the basket and handle together.  Layered the basket, some die-cut grass via a My Favorite Things' die, the chick, more grass, and the basket, so that the Chick looks like he's nestled in the Easter grass in the basket.  I covered the ribbon on the basket with a sentiment from My Favorite Things' Basket O Flopsey set, cut out with Verve's Charming Oval die.  
The background is embossed with the houndstooth Cuttlebug embossing folder (it made me think of basket-weave); and the papers are (what else?) MME Stella and Rose.  
I tied some ribbon around the handle of the basket, and added some 2mm and 3mm soft blue pearls.
Thanks for looking!  Thanks even more for commenting!

No comments: