Monday, July 11, 2011

A few cards from a weekend crop

I got together with my local scrapbooking group for a home crop on Sunday.  I have no time or energy to plan layouts right now, but had a small pile of card challenges laying on my desk that I was hoping to find time to work on, so I brought them along instead.

This is for the Sketch For You To Try July 2011 challenge by Jen del Muro.
The hostess had these cute brown polka dot napkins...the texture was perfect...so "fabricy" but light and scrunchable).  So...I made a flower out of one!  LOL.  The other ladies in my group always think I'm a bit crazy, but when inspiration strikes...
Anyway, I cut two layers each of three of the Blossom Spellbinders Nestabilities, scrunched and layered, then topped with some paper shapes and brad from MME.  I love it. 
Papers are BG Porcelain, and I think go like they were made for my napkin flower.  ;)
The sponsor for the sketch this month is My Favorite Things (one of my favorite companies), and so I used a sentiment from their Great Outdoors set and cut it with a die from their First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics and stamp set.
Tucked some Sizzix leaves behind the flower and added some flat-backed pearls from Pizzazz Aplenty.
Love the flower.  Easily my favorite card of the day.
And a close-up of the flower:

Next up is the Mojo Monday Sketch 198 challenge.  Although I finished it on time, I failed to get it loaded and linked on the set for the contest cut-off.  But it was still super fun to make, and makes me smile when I look at it (so well worth the effort).
The sentiment is from Verve's Always on My Mind set (love the font...and the set was part of my favorite release from Verve).  The star is from Gina K Design's Stars set, Stickled and traced in Liquid Pearls.
Papers are MME Lime Twist.  I hand-stitched with red twine and added some rhinestone flourishes.

And last is the Viva la Verve! July week 2 sketch challenge:
I started this card by using some beautiful multi-colored seam binding with the Hana-Ami Flower Loom, wrapping every other peg, to create the flower/medallion shape.  I topped it with the smaller rosette Cut-ups die from TCP and a pearl brad.  
The sentiment is from Verve's Heartfelt Phrases, cut with a die from  MFT's First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics and stamp set and trimmed down.
I also used a sentiment from Gina K Designs inside the card, which reads "I know I can't change anything, but I'm always here if you need me."
Papers are LilyBee Designs and MME Stella and Rose.  Finished the bottom with SU's scallop border punch topped with flat-backed pearls from Pizzazz Aplenty.
Thanks for sticking around to check them all out.  



No comments: