Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wishing You Comfort for VLV challenge

For the Viva la Verve! July Week 3 sketch challenge:
I really enjoyed the sketch this week.  It let me show off a sentiment from one of the newest Verve sets, New Mercies, use lots of scraps from my favorite paper line, MME Stella and Rose, and use my new Cricut cartridge, Flower Shoppe, as well as the Elegant Edges cartridge to cut that scallop shape.  The circle and sentiment shapes are Spellbinders Nestabilities. 
Loving this color combo, and added in some stitching and rhinestones to finish it off.  


I'm going to use this card to "check in" on my wonderful neighbor who lost her husband (the original card I gave her is below).  After the initial influx of sympathy and well-wishers, I know things die down but aren't necessarily any easier.  Once everyone leaves, you face some of your hardest times just being alone.  So, I wanted to reminder her I'm still here.
Verve always makes the nicest, most poignant, sentiments and greetings, saying what you want to say but may not know how to put into words.  Thanks, Julee!

No comments: