Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Heartfelt Sympathy for VLV challenge

For the Viva la Verve! July week 4 sketch challenge:
This card was bittersweet to make.  I love it.  It makes me happy to look at.  And it was made with love.  But the purpose for the card makes my heart heavy.  A dear lady in my local scrapbook group lost her one-year-old grandson in a tragedy.  The rest of us are working on cards, both for her and for her to give to others, as well as scrapbook pages to which she can add pictures of his much too short life.  I hope to find time to work on a scrapbook page.  But I will definitely make a few cards.


I once again pulled out Verve's New Mercies set for this card.  Such beautiful sentiments.  This one I stamped with Pigment Ink and embossed with Ranger's clear embossing powder.  I also, as has become predictable for me, used MME's Stella and Rose again.  I'm not sure I'll be able to move on from these papers for a long, long time (unless it's to use their Lime Twist.  LOL).  
The main panel shape is a Spellbinders' Label Sixteen die, that sweet lopsided heart is Verve's Jotted Heart Die, and the bottom scallop is Fiskars.
I added a tiny label from a Marvy punch, with a couple of the small hearts from Verve's Love Notes set.
Some seam binding and Liquid Pearls finish it off.

No comments: