Friday, July 1, 2011

Grandma of the Year for MFT challenge

I looked ahead for upcoming events that I might like to have a card for, and Grandparents' Day is in September.  We will be seeing my mom in August (family trip), and I know my son would love to have something special to give her.  So, I used the MFT WSC Getting Sketchy #26 challenge on Splitcoaststampers to create this fun, bright card.
The circular border and sentiment was pieced together from the MFT First Place Award Ribbon set, as well as the matching Die-namics (and the orange circle from a Spellbinders Circles Large mats the middle perfectly).  The flower was created from one of the mini rolled rose Die-namics from MFT, on top of the smaller Easy Rosette CutUps die from TCP.  I did fold it, but then unfolded it, cut along one of the folds, and overlapped one scallop so that the die "cups."  The rosette fits nicely in the center.  The leaves are from the MFT Sheltering Tree die.  
Papers are MME (Lime Twist and Stella and Rose).  It's a rather simple card, but my favorite part aside from forming the flower was the "ribbon."  I colored some white seam binding with my Copics and scrunched it, creating my own perfectly colored shabby ribbon.  So fun!
Some rhinestones finish it off.
Thanks for looking!

No comments: